Friday, January 4, 2013

Five for Friday Linky Party

[fiveforfriday%255B7%255D.jpg]I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party. 



We've had SO much happen this week it will be hard to pick just 5 things to write about it. So here we go :)

  1. On Sunday it was SNOWING!  (in the mountains) That's a big deal here in the southwest.  So my loving husband drove the scenic route home so we could go over the mountains home and find the snow.  It was freezing cold.  And GLORIOUS! 
  2. On Monday we got our new washer and dryer.  A BRAND new LG best in its class, top rated, expensive, exciting washer and STEAM dryer.  Yup! I decided go big or go home!  On Tuesday I did 9 loads of laundry.  Laundry day is more fun when your washer and dryer sing songs to you when its time to switch clothes! 
  3. Wednesday was back to school.  I LOVE my kiddos and it was SO good to see them again.  We had a fabulous day, although the terribles are starting to come out of a couple of my angels.  I really am not a fan of the next 4-6 weeks of third grade.  Such attitudes.  This too, we will survive! 
  4. One of my besties (she was my student teacher 4 years ago, we now carpool to school everyday, she lives down the street, and we make jewelry together) just got the best news!  Her husband, whose only 30, found out today that the first cycle of chemo he was going through, got rid of ALL the cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma stage 3).  They're going to do chemo still just to be sure.  But SUCH great news! 
  5. Today was 100% lunch bunch.  Kids that earn 10, 100%s, on any tests get to eat lunch in my room with myself and another bestie (my grade level partner).  As you can see, we had a BLAST!  Lots of laughing and for sure the BIGGEST personalities I have in my class room this year were at this lunch bunch.  2 of these 4 have caught a case of the third grade terribles already.  I still love them, though.  


     Ready for a relaxing weekend that started this evening by catching up on all of my e-mails.  I've won/received SO many amazing products in the last 2 months.  I will have to share them with all of you, soon!







    2 comments:

    Doodle Bugs said...

    thanks so much for linking up with me :o) :o)

    your lunch party looks like something your kids enjoy!

    kacey

    Darling Little Learners said...

    you are full of great news! I'm glad everything is going so well. BTW, I am one of your newest followers!
    Jennifer
    Darling Little Learners