- This is my 9th class of students. 5 years in first grade, 1 year 1st/2nd SEI split class (with a student teacher), and 2.5 years and counting of 3rd grade.
- I live and teach in rural AZ, but shop in NV or UT. It's an odd little place to live, but I'm growing to love it!
- I've been married for 9.5 years and my husband, John, is the brightest part of my life! He makes everyday better. And he's an excellent cook...(sorry to make you jealous)!
- We have no children. I have PCOS and Endometriosis, which means without spending tens of thousands of dollars for IVF or adoption we will remain childless at home. Lucky for us, we both have hundreds of children who we've grown to love being in education, family, and friends.
- We own our home, we of course bought right before the big economic crash. Luckily we have mostly stable jobs.
- We have a dog, Tuffy, he's a westie (west highland white terrier).
- I'm a big city girl! Most days can't believe I've ended up in someplace so rural, but Vegas is only an hour or so away therefore I can get my big city kicks when I need to.
- I am the oldest of 5 kids which means I'm a little bossy and controlling (so I've been told).
- I love purple, chile rellenos, salsa, and my BRAND new LG washer and dryer.
- I'm too loyal for my own good sometimes and like to look for the best in everyone.
- I'm in charge of the 12-18 year old girls at church. Whoa nelly!!! I thought High School was bad while I was in it...The drama these girls bring into my life is almost psychotic!
- I love good music and I love to dance every morning after flag ceremony to get excited for the day.
- I LOVE teaching, especially with my current grade level partner and carpooling buddy. They make going to work worth it each day!
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Brand New Year, Brand New Blog
Hey, Everyone! Welcome to my little corner of the teacher blogging world! I've been a blogger for a long time. Almost 6 years now. But after a year of reading teacher blogs and getting to 'know' so many of you, My personal google reader is overflowing and so is my brain! I can't wait to get to know you more and make lasting friends with other teachers around the globe. Here's the top 13 things you should know about me!