Thursday, January 3, 2013

Books I Want to Read Linky Party

Mary over at Pitner's Potpourri, one of my FAVORITES, is hosting a linky party.  I decided I needed to join in.  I love to read!So of course, I've altered her rules to add a few more of my favorites. 

1 Professional Book I'd like to read: I feel like I'm an AWFUL writing teacher this year.  We just don't have the time to dedicate to writing lessons more than a couple times a week.  Although they are writing almost every day during our stations/daily 5 time and we write in all subjects, too.  I think this book would really help!
Mentor Texts: Teaching Writing Through Children's Literature, K-6

1 series I've read that I think EVERYONE should read:
I LOVED this series, more than Hunger Games or Twilight.  So yes, its another 'young adult' fiction.  But the main character and I share the same last name and the author grew up playing with my sister in law.  I'd love to hear what you think of it, if you've read it.  All my friends that read it moved away.  
 Matched Trilogy box set

1 Personal Book I'd like to read: I downloaded this book to my kindle app.  Melissa is a blogger whom I've admired for a long time.  This is her second published book and the sequels are coming out over this year.  I've heard great things about it and can't wait to make time to sit down and read it!
 Life From Scratch


1 Children's Series I've read that I think EVERYONE should read: Maybe the best books I've ever listened to on audio, EVER.  And I've listened to a lot of books.  Suspenseful, great for boys, action filled, excellent!
Serpent Tide, Widows Revenge, Diamond Cave (3 Book Set)

1 Book to teach a skill: I'm sure you're all aware of this book, but it has SO many homophones in it!  My third graders always love it and ask for me to read it multiple times.  However, this year, I can't find my copy.  Might be time to order a new one!


Product Details
Post a Comment