Sunday, July 14, 2013

A First x2!



Well thanks to both Finding the Joy and iHeart Second Grade for nominating me for the Liebster blog award.  How FUN!  In all of my years blogging I've never received a Blog award.  See, teacher bloggers really are the best!  



Here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination: 


1. Link back to the blog that nominated you. 
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination. 



Questions from +Melanie at Finding Joy

1. If you weren't a teacher, what would you be?
If I wasn't a teacher I honestly don't know what I'd be.  A few years ago I REALLY contemplated this as I was DONE teaching... luckily, I now only have fleeting moments of those feelings.  However, with the current state of education in this country I'd love to go teach abroad somewhere!



2. What is your favorite thing about your classroom?
My favorite thing about my classroom... my library maybe?  I'm not a decorator or theme person... never have been.  But I've worked HARD to get my kiddos LOTS of variety in books. 

3. What do you like least about your classroom?
My classroom is on a corner of the building so it is funny shaped (which I don't mind).  It makes it a tad bigger, but I loose a wall of cabinets.  I only know this because when I moved in my husband moved everything from one cabinet straight into the corresponding new room cabinet... until he ran out, SIX cabinets too soon!  

4. What are you currently reading?
I'm currently reading blogs.  I read several books in June, but haven't started any in July.  I'm fairly sporadic in my reading.  However the last three books I've read have all been written by avid bloggers. 

5. How long have you been blogging?
I've been blogging here on this blog since January of this year, but blogging since April 2007 on my personal blog (which I still blog on randomly).  I had a year long blog about my puppy's first year (and then combined with my personal blog), which I then turned into a book, which I LOVE. And I also write a blog about my life with PCOS and Endometriosis which has left us dealing with infertility for 9 years and resolving to  live happily without our own children. I've never been a regular blogger, but I like the journal of my life that I have because of blogging.

6. Pets?
Yes, one West Highland White Terrier named Tuffy.  He is my pride and joy and entertainer.  I LOVE him! 

7. What school supply can't you live without?
I cannot live without my favorite pens... which changes often, because they keep discontinuing the ones I pick as favorites.  Right now my favorites are Zebra flight pens.  FLAWLESS! 

8. What is your dream vacation destination?
I dream of going to Paris.  Or on a Disney Cruise.

9. What's on your summer bucket list?
It was to design my very first product for posting on TPT and TN... but I'm fairly certain it isn't going to happen.  Every idea I have is already out there and done better than I could do it.  So, yeah.

10. What is your "go to" blog?
Oh my gosh, I read almost 1,000 different blogs... but I have one that has from day one, has been in my favorites folder all by itself.  I've never met Casey, she's not a teacher, but I LOVE her blog: Moosh in Indy. Most real blog I've found on the internet. I've never missed a post!

11. Favorite snack?

Pretzels with frozen chocolate chips or m&ms (whatever form of chocolate I have on hand really)  Or John's homemade popcorn. 


Questions from +Najat at iHeart Second Grade

1. What is your favorite food? 
My favorite food is no longer a simple answer.  I like so many different things chile rellenos, chips and salsa, tortellini, baked potatoes, hamburgers, pizza, fondue... It honestly just depends on where I am.  
   

2. What is your favorite subject to teach and why? 
I LOVE teaching math... but I LOVE math, so that's probably why.  Most students are so easily confused and it's so great to watch them explain to one another what they're thinking and I LOVE to watch the light bulb come on when they've finally got it!

3. Name one book that has inspired you and explain why.
I've been inspired by SO many books.  One of my favorite is Frindle by Andrew Clements.  I love what an impact Mrs. Granger left on her students and her reputation.  I first read it while in college and working in an after school tutoring program.  Read it to my 3rd graders ever year! 
4. Name one talent you have.
I love singing Alto.  I LOVE harmonies! 

5. If you could go on vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you choose? 
Again, Paris, or Cruising with the Mouse (preferably to Tahiti or Hawaii)!

6. What is your favorite TV show? 
I don't have TV service, but I've been loving watching The West Wing on Amazon Prime! However, I'm a sucker for reality TV (bachelor/ette, big brother, say yes to the dress, diners drive ins and dives).

7. What is your favorite movie? 
Favorite non-animated movie is The Holiday.  LOVE it!

8. What is your most favorite place to shop for clothes? 
Old Navy Clearance or Lane Bryant

9. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Making Connections!  Come find me in Vegas if you're coming to the meet up! 

10. If you weren't a teacher, what career path might you have chosen?
I always wanted to train dolphins at sea world or be a flight attendant when I was younger when people said I couldn't choose teacher...lol probably both out of the question at this point!

11. What chore do you like doing the most?
I hate chores, in fact my husband does most of them.  However, I love doing the laundry now that we have our new washer and dryer! (still hate putting it away!) 



11 Random facts about me
  • I got married at 19.
  • My favorite comfort food is Knorr's Garlic and Herb Shells, which I can only buy from Walmart (or amazon!).
  • I hate shopping at Walmart.  It always ends with my blood boiling because they didn't have what I needed, they won't take my coupon, or something is mis-priced and they won't honor it. 
  • I have 2 nieces and 4 nephews.
  • I have 1 sister and 3 brothers.
  • My family loves my husband, a lot.  If they didn't need me to have him, I think they'd be okay with that ;)
  • I'm a big city girl at heart!
  • My favorite drink is water.  Honestly!
  • I hate milk! (and eggs! and mushrooms!)
  • I love making things for other people.
  • When I'm feeling stressed, the best way for me to de-stress is to find someone else to help!


And honestly, there aren't a whole lot of blogs I follow with 250 or less followers that haven't already been nominated.  So If you fit the bill and read this consider yourself nominated.  But I may come back and nominate some people if I find them! 

No comments: