Tuesday, July 23, 2013

10 Things I've Learned from Teaching Linky

Today I'm linking up with Miss Kindergarten for her:


  1. Some things that are funny will always be funny.  For example: I like to play on the monkey bars was written:"I like to play on the munchy bras."  by one 2nd grader several years ago.  Makes me LOL every.single.time.
  2. It is hard to train yourself to use the restroom only at appropriate times.  It is even harder to untrain yourself each summer to go whenever you want to!
  3. Administrators experiment on teachers just as much as teachers experiment on children!
  4. Children have a very warped sense of reality. This is especially evident in their drawings of me.  See picture below: With me on the left and the student on the right.   (also see #1)
  5. This was a gift after I was out of school when I had swine flu.
  6. Teaching buddies are the best.  I LOVE my teaching friends.  In fact, some of them are besties for life. They're stuck with me! 
  7. The hands down best part of my job is the children and families I get to become part of for a year (or more if I get to teach siblings).
  8. Closing my door and doing my thing is the best decision I ever made! March to the beat of your own drum.  There's no bigger disappointment then letting yourself down. 
  9. Teaching for a career means learning is my number one priority!
  10. Small towns means everyone knows more about me than I do.
  11. There are children out there that will do more for me than I will ever do for them. 

No comments: