Friday, February 15, 2013

Five For Friday Linky Party

[fiveforfriday%255B5%255D.jpg] 

I LOVE linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Friday Linkies.  Plus, I'm SO random anyway, these are right up my ally.   


1. Last Saturday was John's birthday. So Thursday after school we headed north to our old stomping grounds.  I was fine with it because it meant many things: big city, good food, lots of visiting friends and FAMILY, and most of all, SNOW!!! You can't tell, but the snowflakes coming down are HUGE!


2. Tuffy was SO happy when we got home Sunday night! He snuggled right into his spot, in between my leg and the side of the couch.



3. Using some of Ashleigh's I HEART COMMON CORE activities instead of our normal basal reading program on Valentine's. This one they're sorting nouns, verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.  There were some GREAT discussions going on, because we haven't covered adverbs formally yet.  It was so cool to hear them talk it out!
I Heart Common Core


4. We did a candy heart graphing and fraction activity that I made (my first, cute, made on power point try... also, somehow I upgraded to a seller account on TPT... although I have NOTHING to sell) at 11 o'clock Wednesday night because I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. We for sure found some errors.  Most of which, what's the deal with the BLUE hearts and NO WHITE?  The white ones were my favorite!

 5. We got to spend Valentine's evening hanging out with this little one.  She LOVES John.  We had a blast watching her.  One of the biggest blessings in my life is good friends who trust us to watch their kids!  SO LUCKY!  She even fell asleep in my arms, that's the best!

No comments: