Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday


fiveforfriday

Hey everyone! I'm over my pity party for the moment, probably should have just ignored my horrible mood the other day, oh well, I'm a real person.

So 5 things I've been up to this week

1.    Summer School
The last 2 week for summer school enrichment time, I've been teaching a photography class.  It's been a ton of fun to watch the kids learn how to use a camera with FILM in it and that they can't see the pictures right away and they can't DELETE them.  It was a novel concept for sure.   This week we focused on taking panoramic pictures and then arranging a bunch of junk so they could make their own I Spy books.  Can't wait to hear how these turned out.  The students will turn all of these pictures into scrapbooks for themselves.  Such a great idea!  (totally not mine, it was just my assignment to teach it) Only one more week left of summer school!


2.   FAILED pinterest craft/science experiment attempt. 
Have you seen the pin floating around to make your own bouncy balls? i thought it would be fun for our summer school kids to do during science time.  TOTAL fail!  Because we messed up the directions.  We're going to try again, because a couple of the kids got the directions right despite us, and their bouncy ball kinda worked.  oh man, it was funny to watch it though! If you decide to try this, be sure you understand the directions fully before you start... cause when you have 30 kids yelling at you you tend to just go with what you remember. 


False


3.    Naps
Oh man, have we been getting in some good naps around here!  Can you see he's completely out? I  LOVE this dog.  I don't think it's normal to love an animal so much, but I do! I'm so glad he's here to keep me company while John is gone. 



4.    Indexing 
Watch the movie to see what it's all about and why it's important or click here to read what it's all about and how to get involved.  It's actually quite addicting. I first set my goal at 350 names to index (10 per day while John was gone), but now I've upped it to 1,00 cause I've only done it for 3 days and I've done over 150 names.  I like the idea of helping to.  However, the program doesn't like when I multitask while using it, so it has been eating up much of my computer time. 

5.  Winning! 

I WON Jivey's big giveaway!  I'm so excited to get to use her mentor sentences units.  She's amazing and full of great ideas.  She's also a newer blogger, but you can tell she's fabulous at sharing her great ideas since she's already over 400 followers.  She's techy, smart, creative, and willing to share!  LOVE her blog, and her!


No comments: