Sunday, August 9, 2015

Favorite Places and Spaces Linky Up #1 August 2015

Welcome, welcome, to my first ever Linky party! I have been lucky enough to travel, a lot. And whether I'm at home in rural AZ or in Paris, I've always connected with places and spaces where I feel comfortable.  


So, the idea was born for this linky party at Panera Bread in Vegas while I was waiting for my hubby to come home from commercial fishing in AK this summer. (Vegas is our nearest airport)  Panera is one of my favorite places to eat and work, especially when I'm by myself (and close to one!). 


So, my favorite place that I want to share this month is a place I get to a few times a year.  It's only 3 hours from my house, so my goal is to get there more often.  I LOVE nature.  This is a beautiful world we have here.  There are so many wonders.  I'm lucky enough to live close to one that has become a favorite place for me to go.  I have very limited cell service, and NO internet at all when we go.  That in and of itself is spectacular!  I lovingly refer to it as the "spectacular hole in the ground keeping us from the rest of the state" 


So my favorite place that I'm sharing this month is the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. 
Reasons why it's a favorite place: 
  • SO MUCH COOLER! (when it's 100+ degrees at my house its in the 80s at the North Rim!)
  • Epic Views
  • Helps me keep perspective.  If my Heavenly Father can create this masterpiece, imagine what He can do with me! 
  • Amazing thunderstorms and lightning shows!
  • Pine Trees
  • Fall colors (we went in the end of September last year and camped.  It was awesome!)

Things you should know if you want to go:
  • It is not close to anywhere or anything, but so worth the trip
  • It is not very crowded, especially during the week
  • Late July/Early August is the best for the incredible evening storms that roll in
  • The North Rim is closed from October 15th-May 15th. which makes me very sad, because I'd LOVE to see it covered in snow! 
  • Rooms at the lodge and Cabins on the Rim are extremely pricey, but the view is worth it!
  • The campground is cheap and personally my favorite place to stay!
  • All accommodations at the North Rim must be booked WAY in advance, or at the very last minute when there are cancellations. 
  • There is a gas station, store, visitor's center, and restaurants at the North Rim, but you'll pay a premium price for your location! Breakfast with a view of the sunrise, or dinner with a view of sunset over the rim makes it ALL worth it though! 













Read the rules and then grab the button and link up your favorite places and spaces!! 








No comments: